The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Leave of Absence

It's official. After having talked to the Dean, Residential Life Director, Area coordinator, Loan Manager, Financial Aid Director, and the Registrar I am officially on leave from Gustavus. Everything went as smoothly as I could hope. They agreed to refund the money that I had invested into this semester and all financial aid I had received will be returned to their sources.

Line #2 Estimated return date: Fall of 2007.

I told Residential Life that I would be living here for a few more weeks because "I was still attending classes", which isn't entirely fictitious because I have still gone to classes and my labs. I don't however, think that I will doing so two weeks from now. Nonetheless, it will be nice to spend some more time here and visiting friends before I have to leave for Mississippi. In all actuality I won't see many of them ever again. My friends who are seniors this is for sure, and the rest that are juniors I will be able to watch them take the walk in spring of 2007 when I return.

So, the question is, will I return to Gustavus in two years? Right now, I have no answer to that. I really like the school but mostly the people. It will be hard to come back here and jump back into school when everybody has left. Well, as somebody said to me the other day, I "have a lot of time to think about it". That I do.

2 Comments:

  • I'm really going to miss you around here man. I really hope I will see you again when you return. I'll try to get a hold of ya here before you go, and I'll check this out often! Peace

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 AM  

  • Bope, It is going to be weird around here with you gone. The room just isn't going to be the same. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you when you return. Talk to you later!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home