The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A parting post

Well the time has come and now I must post my final thoughts before I leave the United States.

In just a few short days I will be leaving for Iraq and some of you may be wondering "what is going through his head?"

Well. . .

1. I am not as anxious to go as I thought I would be
2. I do not harbor fear nor anger nor sadness
3. I feel prepared for the long road ahead, both physically and mentally

The past few days I have been quite lackadaisical, playing with my new computer, updating pictures on the website, and spending time reading a book. It seems as though tomorrow is just another day and the next and the next and so on. I know in my mind that we are going to war but I don't have any emotions or feelings that would lead you to believe that is where I am headed.

Anyways. Contact will be limited for the next month or so and by that I mean very little if anything. As soon as I can hop unto the internet I will update. If I can somehow call in a post I will also try to do that.

I want to thank everyone for keeping in touch via the blog site. At last check I have had over 3,100 visits to the site since I set it up on September 19th.

I send my to love to everyone back home, don't worry I will be home soon!
Love you Mom, Dad, Bryan, Kathy, and Kristi.

Goodbye Mississippi, United States, and hello sunny sand beaches of Iraq!

-Nick-

-Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. -Psalm 23:4

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home