The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Saturday, March 11, 2006

On the brighter side

Hello everyone,

I didn't really mean for my last post to come out so seriously and for that I apoligize. It is now the eleventh of March. I for the first time since I got here know the date that I will be leaving. Unfortunately I can't tell you, but it will be by the end of this month. There is a departure ceremony that is being held here on the sixteenth and I am excited because both of my parents will be in attendance, which is a rare event to say the least. Half of the brigade is on pass this weekend so it seems awfully more desolate here than usual. I have BN CQ tonight so I guess I won't be sleeping, but that is okay with me I will just have to waste time somehow.

Have you ever wondered about what dirt is made up of? Most people really don't look around their world very often and think about what everything is made of, the physical elements, molecules, atoms, protons/electrons, bosons and quarks. They all come together to make everything we see, feel, touch, hear, and smell. . . including us. Have you ever studied so hard and long that you wake up in a sweat seeing only atoms of carbon, nitrogen and oxygen swirling around you? It is a completely different world when you start to look around with something more than your eyes. Being able to understand what you see seems to me to be the most quintessential purpose in life. Of course this pretty much explains my distinct interests at school when I all seem to be taking is chemistry, biology, phsics and Latin (I don't know where the Latin came from). Try taking a look at the world sometime through another persons eyes, I wouldn't suggest mine because you may just get bored but maybe someone a little more interesting ;-) .

I hope that everyone is doing well and I wish you a happy weekend. I am brainstorming how I will keep up to date with this world while I am over there because I haven't seen the news in five months and I can only imagine what will happen while I'm gone. Let me know what you are up to everyone, it is always good to know that life still exists in Minnesota.

Nick

P.S.- You won't know if you don't like something, unless you try it

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home