The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stuck at Fort Polk

Wow, it has been a while.

I am going to make this quick because I have limited time (don't ask). It is the 16th an we end the "war games" on the 19th, so that means we are almost done. I have been working the night shift from 7pm to 7am which isn't so bad, but makes for long days. We have been busy during the day, but not so much at night. Mostly I have been dealing with real world injuries and bringing them out of the "war zone" and out to the medical clinic on base. I have been living in a tent with 200 of my closest friends and sharing three cold showers with over 1000 other men.

As far as our medical assessment goes, we have been performing as smooth as possible and the observers mdon't even bother evaluating us anymore. We have perfected our procedures and nobody is better than us. It has been determined also that we have the number one rated brigade in the ARMY. This is a national guard brigade, but it is the top overall above any other brigade in the ARMY, just thought you should know.

I have to wrap this up but I will be in contact when this stuff is over and I am back in Mississippi on the 21st hopefully. Have a great week everyone!

SGT Bope

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home