The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Friday, March 31, 2006

Well, they didn't lie about the sand. . .

Ok, so I have arrived safely overseas and have managed yet again to get on a computer with internet.

The weather is hot and sunny, with daylight actually being only a sliver of the day. Everything is filtered so I can't really say where I am but I will be moving again soon so you don't need to know anyways. The trip went without incidents and we are just basically jet lagged for the most part; there is a nine hour difference here.

The food. If I could say one thing that is absolutely awesome about being here thus far it is the food. The first dinner I had included the following: crab legs, shrimp, t-bone steak, potatoes, cheese cake and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream. If the food is this good where I am going I think I will make it through the year without complaint.

We started to do a few classes and mandatory briefs but nothing signigicant thus far has happened. Our mission has been changing slightly, but for the most part we will be doing what we expected and will be going where we expected.

I have to get a phone card to get calls made, but I probably won't be calling until I get where we will be stationed.

Enjoying the food,
Nick

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home