The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Weekend Update

Ok. I haven't written since Thursday so I thought I owed everyone a new post to keep you coming back for more. . .

First off, how about them Vikings ehh? I had the pleasure of going to the game with my good friend Carl and we had a lot of fun. By fun, I mean we saw the Vikings finally put a big W up. Sorry Packers fans (Mike, Justin, and Mary that includes you) but we finally ended our losing streak (wish you could say the same huh?). There is nothing better than to see your team win, it sure brightened my day.

Things are beginning to get stressful. As the time is approaching for me to leave I feel myself getting more and more stressed out. I am slowly coming to the realization that soon I will be out of here and in a completely different setting with completely different people. Know, we all know that men tend not to be as emotional (or physiologically at least they express it differently than women) but I find myself getting emotional about my departure. Every time I see my friends I think about how I won't be seeing them in a long time, if ever again. Sorry, not trying to get sappy on you but that is just what I am thinking.

The weekend was pretty uneventful save for three things.

1. On Friday night we had some friends over to our apartment and played Catch Phrase. I ended up having a little bit to drink and met a lot of new people (neighbors) during the midst of going from room to room. Emily, Tura, Heidi, and Stefanie, thank you for letting me use your couch, even if I didn't get a blanket. :-)

2. I went with my friend Pam and bought a new camera for the trip. Afterwards we went to Red Lobster for dinner. Thanks Pam!

3. The weekend just wouldn't have ended so sweet had it not been for the Vikings win. So yes, this makes the list.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
~Nick~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home