The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

An Extended Weekend Update

Hello everyone! I have been busy in the past couple of days so here is what I have been up to. . .

Sunday- Nicole and I went to the Vikings game. We had an awesome time, probably the best game I have ever been to. There is just nothing like seeing your team making a comeback against your biggest rival with a 56-yard game winning field goal with 2 seconds left in the game! After the game I met Eric, Nicole's boyfriend and then I headed back to Gustavus. Ok, just a little Catch Phrase I suppose that night.

Monday- First, I went into Mankato to say good bye to Christina. Second, Carrie and I had an action packed day planned. We headed north to the apple orchards and pumpkin patches. We were looking for a good pumpkin and a batch of apples to make apple pie. We went to two different places and had fun tasting the different apples. We ended up with a 15lb pumpkin and 15lb's of apples for our pies. We then headed into the cities and visited my brother Bryan at his place in Minneapolis and he showed us some of his work for class. Next, we went to the sculpture garden at the Walker. We proceeded with dinner at Chino Latino in uptown. Afterwards, we picked up Tura at the airport and returned to Gustavus.

Tuesday- Apple pie day. Carrie and I, after having purchased all the ingredients, spent over two hours making two apple pies. I had never made a pie before but we managed and they turned out great. I said my goodbyes to more people and we watched "Love Actually" and then good night.

So, there you have it. Now, it is Wednesday and I am packing up the car because it is goodbye Gustavus. Time has really flown bye and I can't believe it is now time to say goodbye to the place and people that I love. I hate leaving school because it is the one thing that has always been there for me, no matter what was changing in my life I always was busy with classes and I guess that kept me grounded. Leaving for Iraq and giving up school for two years is one of the hardest things to swallow, at least maybe my extra years will give me more insight for medical school afterwards.

Goodbye Gustavus! If I didn't say goodbye to you, I am saying it now! Matt, Mike, and Justin you had better not forget about me because I will be back for your graduation. I love you guys!

~Nick~

1 Comments:

  • Thanks again Nick for taking me to my very first game it was awesome and i really enjoyed myself. I am really going to miss you man it all seems so real now you leaving but hurry home soon- Nic :-]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home