The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Weekend Update (Oct. 16th, 2005)

And then there were two weekends left. Two and half weeks and I will be in Mississippi. Here's the update.

Friday- I was calmly reading "A Tale of Two Cities" when Dave told me that we would be "doing things" tonight (AKA people would be coming over to our apartment). As you would guess people came and went but there was a steady crowd over. Carrie and Tura decided to play dress-up with me and my Army gear and yeah. . . I went to bed at about 4:00.

Saturday- I awoke at 8:30 so I could get ready to pick up my brother Bryan from the cities to go Hiking. We went up to Taylors Falls and hiked along the St. Croix and along the old railroad tracks. It was a lot of fun and I really hope that we will do it again sometime. We headed back to the cities and then I drove back to Gustavus. I was tired from the lack of sleep and from the hiking but Dave was ready for tennis when I came back. So we climbed the fence (because the courts were closed) so that we could play for 45 minutes or so. After that, I met up with Pam, Eric, and Carrie for dinner and then we went to "Willy Wonka" at the campus theatre. It was only Pam's fifth time seeing this movie so she was singing and laughing the whole way through, along with Carrie might I add. Carrie and I left Eric and Pam and went back to my apartment to watch a movie. We both fell asleep and I woke up to the credits and woke up Carrie. Good night.

Sunday- After sleeping in for the first time in a long while, I got up to watch the Vikings game. And then turning off the Vikings game. Let's just not talk about the Vikings (maybe later in the week). After the game I began to go through my room and packing things up. After I packed, Carrie and I went to play tennis. We had fun and we got frustrated (it turns out we are both competitive individuals, so it was interesting). It was dark when I got home and now I am writing this.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and is looking forward to a great Monday!!

Nick out.

1 Comments:

  • You forgot the part about not eating the apple crisp I made just for you!!!!
    -Tura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home