The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

December Here We Come!

After a rather uneventful Thanksgiving here everyone is getting on their merry way to prepare for Christmas. See, if you just keep focusing on short increments of time here, time can pass by rather quickly. It's a trick we use and it works rather well - so bring on December!

Oh night shift, how cruel you are to me - only Ranch flavored sunflower seeds can get me through your time of dark, cold nights. I don't know how other people do it, but to change shifts every week can be a real strain. The night shift is the worst, we all seem to struggle and when we get back in the morning we can't sleep because the sun is up.

I don't have any really exciting stories for you guys this week. I was racking my brain for ideas but nothing popped into my head. We did, however, find a ton of unexploded ordinance from some bunkers of Saddam's army the other day. As you can see we had a little bit of fun playing archaeologists for the day.
Don't Play With Unexploded Ordinance!
Have a great day,
Nick
Post Scriptum- Next post I will be sharing some thoughts about someone near and dear to me. She knows who she is.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home