The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Monday, September 25, 2006

Elation and Frustration

It's Monday everyone, which means that's one more week I don't have to be here. When I measure my time left here in weeks it doesn't seem that bad. Only about 27 weeks until we leave this desolate country. One more Halloween, Thanksgiving, a birthday, Christmas, and New Years. Not that bad huh?

Of course it was NFL Sunday yesterday which is the highlight of my week here now. The Vikings were on at 9pm here which worked out just fine because lucky for me I had the day off. We had quite a few people over watching the game and it was a lot of fun, right until the ending of the game. I don't know what happened there but I am pretty dissapointed in the play calling. They ended up losing 19-16 to the Bears. So while it was exciting to see the game it was frustrating to see them lose. Thank God for football though because it's keeping me going week to week.

I have the day off today which is quite a relief with our busy schedule. Honestly I don't know what to do with myself, I feel lazy but I'm not too worried about it. Go to the Gym, study, take a nap, read a book; it's going to be a busy day.



Have a wonderful kick start to the week everyone,

Nick

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home