The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Home for the Last Weekend

Hello everyone, aren't you glad it is the weekend already?

Wednesday- Let's see, I finally said all of my goodbyes to everyone at Gustavus on Wednesday. I can't really describe what it felt like to say goodbye except that it didn't really feel like I was leaving. Parting with everyone at the time wasn't too difficult, it just felt like another day. When I arrived in the cities that night though I found myself already thinking about the ones I left and how much I felt away from home at Gustavus. Like I have said previously, school is a place where I really feel at home and comfortable.

I met my brother Bryan that night for dinner and we talked briefly about things and said goodbye. Afterwards, I went to Carl's house and we headed to the pool hall with Tom. I played horribly and so I was getting a little frustrated. We ended up watching a movie and going to bed.

Thursday- I went to the Armory to get some paperwork figured before the deployment. Then I met up with Nicole for soup and a sandwich. We said goodbye for the last time and then I headed to Kim's house in Minneapolis. She was getting ready for Halloween in Madison, so she had to get her costume prepped first. Afterwards, we went to dinner at Chili's. we ended up talking for a long time about school and what we are looking forward to after school, our futures etc. . . After dinner, it was back to Carl's house to hang out with him and Emily. We watched Sin City, but I think both Carl and I fell asleep.

Friday- I headed to Best Buy to get a new external hard drive for the trip. I bought a smaller, more compact and durable one so that I can leave my other one at home and not risk loosing everything. Then, it was the long drive to Dad's house on Ottertail. As soon as I got there I began to pack my bags the way that the Army has given me orders to, which you can imagine was not the most efficient way of packing. So, ended up packing two bags into one and had an extra bag to put things in. Dad, Kathy, Kristi, and I went to dinner and then Kristi and I watched a movie and I went to bed.

So there you have it, I am sitting at home updating this blog for all of your reading pleasure. I am trying to add more pictures to my yahoo page, but I have been having problems (I will figure it out today hopefully). Have a great weekend everyone!

Nick "Eagle1" Bope
(For the COD peeps, I am going to get COD2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home