The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy Holidays

It is New Years Eve and I am sitting in my Fathers house. I am finally back in Minnesota, if only for what seems to be a fleeting moment in time. The weather is everything I could have hoped for, plenty of snow falling and temp's below freezing. It is funny how what seems to be horrible weather to many, is the greatest thing I have felt in months.

The Update. . . .

I made it into Arizona safe and sound to see my Mother and Brother on the 22nd. We went to eat and enjoy the weather. Bryan and I climbed up Granite Mountain, a peak of 7,800 or so near the city. It was a pretty good work out, but it was worth it to make it to the top. The family had a good time together but it came to go our separate ways. Bryan left the morning of the 29th and I left a little later that day.

I drove from Minneapolis up to Dad's in about 4 hours, an hour longer than the usual time it takes to get there (maybe because I was driving through a snow storm). I went fishing with my dad yesterday morning but we only caught a half dozen Perch or so, we were hoping to get some Walleye. After we blew off the driveway we went snowmobiling towards Perham and stopped at the local watering hole on the way. After fishing again this morning with Dad, Kathy, and Kristi we gave up on the hope of getting a Walleye. Now I am packing up again to head down to Minneapolis to see some friends for New Years and the Vikings game tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great time with their Family and friends and I will talk to you next year!

~Nick~

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home