The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Monday, December 19, 2005

What the heck?

Hello everyone,

Apparently the audioblog that I left the other day didn't get posted so.. . . . I guess you are all wondering what is going on.

We have been really busy lately, or at least I have. We headed back to the FOB to do some more medical lanes etc. . . We received training on more weapons recently and I am now familiar with three more weapons systems.

I can't remember the last day that we had to rest. We received our new desert uniforms but we can't wear them yet and all of our old gear was turned in because we are receiving new stuff.

Let's just get to the point of how things are going. "I'm a little tired, I'm a little wired . . . " I can positively say that I am excited for the holiday leave that I am taking and it is most needed. I plan on relaxing as much as possible before I have to come back down here and go back to work.

The governor (Tim Pawlenty) stopped by the other day to talk with the troops and answer any questions they had about Minnesota etc. . . (does it seem like I use a lot of etc's or is it just me?).

This post is really more random abstract than usual, and for that I apologize. This will probably be my last post before Christmas when I'll be with my Mom and Brother in Prescott AZ. I will try to keep it updated during my leave, but I think that I will most likely just leave an audio message.

Congratulations to everyone who finished their finals already and for the rest, just keep pushing on. Congratulations to my brother Bryan who finished his associates degree last week!!!! Good work (and you thought it would never end)!!!

Have a splendid holiday break everyone!!!!

Bope out.

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home