The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Weekend Update (14Nov2005)

Hello everyone,

I'm am alive and kicking! I may be just a little high from the Percocet so excuse me if I can't write too well.

Saturday- We had some downtime at the unit, so we took advantage of going into town and I bought a new MP3 player to keep myself occupied. I finally had some civilian chow at a Chinese buffet. I did a little bit of reading from my MCAT study book.

Sunday- The company sang happy b-day to me for morning formation and was quite possibly the worst rendition ever accomplished (which was their goal of course). We went over to a supply building to offload our medical equipment that we brought down from Minnesota. We loaded up five or six ambulances and aid bags. We also found out that we would be losing about 12 soldiers pretty soon to other companies. I mentioned earlier that we are short medical personnel in the line units so they will be taken away (mostly male). Unfortunately this included Fields and Nygaard, two of my best friends here from E Co. In replacement we are receiving females from IRR (inactive ready reserve). These are individuals that are non-active duty but still deployable, so they were activated back to active duty to support us. There is a very good chance that I will also be moved within time.

Monday- I headed into town for my dental appointment. I had my wisdom teeth pulled (1,16,17,32). They put me under intravenously and so the whole procedure took less than a minute in my mind. I remembered my camera so I took a picture of myself afterwards, but I can't remember taking the picture.

Isn't that a cute picture? I am actually doing really well. It is hard to eat without screwing up the sockets and the stitches but I'll be able to eat better tomorrow.

I just wanted to thank everybody for the wonderful birthday wishes and the cards that I received. It is nice to know that everybody is doing well and hasn't forgotten about me.

Love you and miss you everyone,
Nick

P.S.- I guess you guys like the audio posts, so I will make sure to do one or two every week ;-)

8 Comments:

  • Ha Ha funny pic Nick looks like everything went well with the wisdon teeth,but have you lost any of youe wisdom? j/k luv ya miss ya.
    Nic

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 PM  

  • its kinda nice his jaw is sore, he doesn't talk as much now. :).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

  • you definitely make a cute chipmunk :)
    Miss you!!!
    Tura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM  

  • hope all is going well! Good to see your shining face! Even if you do look like a chipmunk like Tura says! Stay cool dude!
    ~Angela

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • Awh....aren't you just a cutie pie :) Glad to know you're doing well.

    Peace & Love

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

  • Oh my gosh, can't believe you finally got your wisdom teeth out. About time!! Sounds like you're doing well though. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Miss ya Christina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

  • Aren't wisdom teeth "fun"?
    Pax, Chantell

    By Blogger Athena Nike, at 8:48 PM  

  • My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

    I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

    I have experienced some of these side effects-
    nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Monica Stone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home