The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just Sitting Around

Since my past post I have been partaking in a little bit of R&R. This would include waking up just in time for breakfast, playing monopoly and solitaire on my computer until lunch, working out at the gym until dinner and then watching movies until I feel like taking a shower and going to bed. You might think this is not so bad, but after a few days you begin to have that feeling like you need to work.

I have packed my bags up again as we anticipate leaving again sometime soon. Hopefully we will get there without a hitchup and when we arrive we will be placed in temp housing again with another line of tents. We probably won't be settled into our "permanent" shacks for another month because we have to wait for room.

I have made a few attempts to call people back home, but alas to no avail has anyone picked up their phone. Maybe I will try again here before I go to bed, it is 10:21 pm right now but only afternoon back home. Anyways, I will be out of touch again for a little bit while I make another transition to my new home. Have a great week and if I don't get to say it have a great Easter too.

Nick

P.S.- I will put pictures up as soon as I can connect my computer or have some that I can upload unto these computers. As for now just use you imagination (ie: sand, me, tent, sand, camels, sand, and sand)

2 Comments:

  • glad to hear you are hanging in there and getting a chance to take some r&r. enjoy it any time that you can! take care.

    By Blogger proud fan, at 2:19 PM  

  • Hi - Been reading your blog for a while, but I don't think I'm commented before. Just wanted you to know that there are a lot of people you don't know who are keeping you close in prayer. Thank you so much for your service. Hope things go good for you. Take good care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home