The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Weekend Update

Sorry it has been a few days since my last post. I bet your mouths are watering now!?! HEHE.

Let's see. Friday Justin, a good friend, came down to visit us at Gustavus. (Although you're at the UofM now we still think of you.) I joined in with the Ultimate Frisbee team for a little workout, which might I add, was a more work than you would expect. That night we went out to a party hosted by the frisbee team with quite a few people showing up, including a few bats. Once or twice a year they have what they call a "cave party", which literally is a party in a cave. It was a great group of people and fun was had by all. Of course the night wouldn't be complete without a couple rounds of Catch Phrase back at our apartment, and we dutifully accomplished this.

The next morning I was supposed to meet my brother Bryan in the cities, but I had to start heading up north to meet my Dad for a get together at his house. (Sorry Bryan, I will see you tomorrow :-). Quite a few people from the lake showed up to say good luck to me and to wish me well. Dad, Kathy, and Christy did a great job putting things together and I really appreciate what they did (Thanks guys). I'll also add, that I received copious amounts of sunscreen and lip balm. I guess I am ready to go now!

Now of course today (Sunday) is the best day of the week. Yes mother because it is the Sabbath, but also because it is a day for the most holy of sports too. Yes, the Vikings play at 3:15 and I can guarantee I will be watching. Don't lie to yourself mom; if the Vikings were on TV in Arizona you would rearrange the services at church so that you could watch them too.

Well, my attitude for the rest of the week hinges on the game, so let's hope they win or my posts may be a little carboy this week. I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

~Nick~

Oh, I almost forgot. Nobody has told me the answer to my question from the last post (except Lizzie but she doesn't know what she is talking about). So I'll give you a hint: it does come from a great piece of literature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home