The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yes, I'm still in Iraq

Well folks I have been back in Iraq for a week now and I would be lying to say that it's good to be back.

Things have changed slightly since I left earlier this month. The missions that we were running have been cancelled so we have been put on a new one. The good thing is that I won't be on the road as much, but the bad thing is that I will probably be working longer days more often. John, and Mike will be leaving soon to head up north and Sean already left for a small base up north working with the Iraqi Army so I'm losing some good friends for the next couple months. Other than these things life here is much the same as when I left.

There has been a lot of things on my mind since I have been back but mostly I have been thinking about home. It's coming to fall now which means that most of my friends will be headed back to school. If I hadn't been sent to this war I would entering my senior year at Gustavus and would hopefully be looking at medical school next fall. Apparently God had different plans for me because this will be my second year away from school. I wish more than anything that I could be back in school and graduating with my class and all of my friends, but that can't happen anymore. I get depressed thinking about it so I try not to remind myself.

In other news. Jake set up a Myspace page for me so I have that going for me. For those that know what that is anyway it is http://www.myspace.com/nickbope.

We had a good sandstorm here on the 18th, just take a look.


Well, I guess that I will end the post and call it a day. Have a great week everyone,

Nick





4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home