The Desert Excursion: 365 days in Iraq - a 24/7 Soldier Medic

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Just Waiting

You Can Never Really Be Too Safe


In just a few days I will be whisked away on a plane that will eventually get me home. There are many different emotions and thoughts going through my head right now.

What will it be like to be back home? Will things seem normal or out of place? What do people at home think of me being gone? What do people think about soldiers over here?

Although going home is great and I am really looking forward to it there are some feelings inside me that are making me hesitant. First off, I have to come back here as soon as the two weeks are over and then I will still have 7 months left on this tour. Second, there are always the mysterious feelings you get that say you shouldn't leave your soldiers behind even though they aren't really alone.

All being said, I think I will deal with leave just fine but you may have to force me on the plane ride back.

Well, some of you lucky readers may be seeing me soon and I can't wait. Others who won't be seeing me don't fret because I am going to try and update the blog at least once while I am gone. Some of you reading this will still be in Iraq and I'm sorry that I am going to gloat and plaster pictures of home all over this site. And as for the insurgents reading this, I have no news for you but don't worry you can look at the pictures too.

As always, thanks for stopping by,

Nick


11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home